Tag : teles
LA Times Reports: California's Luxury Housing Market is HOT, HOT, HOT!
This week the Los Angeles Times reported that “sales of $1-million-plus homes went through the roof in California”. Moreover, super-luxury homes of the 20-mil and up variety are also on the move!
Here is a link to the article in its entirety, but in case you’re in a hurry, here are some extremely interesting highlights:
1. Statewide, 39,145 homes changed hands for $1 million or more in 2013, up 45% from the year before and the best showing since 2007.
2. Southern California broke a record with 4,514 sales at $2 million and above, and L.A. County also eclipsed previous highs with 2,628 sales.
3. Statewide, areas with the highest number of sales at $1 million-plus were led by Manhattan Beach, Hillsborough and La Jolla. Brentwood and Beverly Hills came in sixth and seventh, respectively.
4. Celebrities including American Hustle star and house flipper Jeremy Renner were in on the action too. Renner, along with his real estate business partners, “raked in $24 million for a mansion on two acres in Holmby Hills. The Roaring ’20s Art Deco-style house, reached by a cobblestone driveway, includes five fireplaces, six bedrooms, 11 bathrooms and 10,005 square feet of living space.”
Here are some pics of Renner’s gorgeous flip!
Categories: Uncategorized | Tags: Bosnakroy, California Luxury Real Estate, Distinctive Homes, estates, Heather & Learka, Holmby Hills, Jeremy Renner, Los Angeles Real Estate, Los Angeles real estate agents, Teles | Permalink
Did You Blow It On Valentine's Day?
DID YOU BLOW IT ON FRIDAY?
Did you fail to make up for it over the long weekend? Lucky you’ve got us. If you didn’t manage to adequately express your affection in the three days the calendar gave you, the gift of luxury real estate is the love token of last resort. If you’d called us on Thursday we might have suggested a bottle of Château Lafite Rothchild but it’s Monday and we are saying Château. Period. This one is available through Teles Properties for just $5,800,000.
~Heather & Learka
Get Ready for Oscar!
Here are a few essentials for an award-winning Oscar night …
1. A Printable Oscar Ballot…(click here)
2. Predictions using data-mining to help win your Oscar Pool
3. A guide to the best pizza delivery in Los Angeles…be sure to order early!
4. Information on Oscar-related road closures around Hollywood (click photo for info)
Enjoy the show!
Brilliant Parody of SF's Real Estate Ads
LA’s housing market is certainly hot, but it’s nothing compared to San Francisco’s, where the price per square foot is through the roof (second only to NYC) and inventory is nil.
Things have reached what many see as a crisis point and a project by San Fran photographer Scott Hampton has tapped right into the housing-hysteria zeitgeist to become quite a phenomenon.
Posted to Craigslist, these ads are too good not to share!
BASEMENT 1 BR – $3500
Spacious basement apartment. Classic architecture; very Romanesque and gothic! Arched interiors! Close to public transportation. PG&E not included. Not ADA-compliant; requires the use of a ladder for entry.
WATERFRONT CONDO – $5000
Waterfront condo in the highly desirable, up-and-coming Mid-Market area. Luxurious living at its finest! Enjoy the sounds and smells of the UN Plaza fountain as you relax in your condo after a hard day of complaining about the homeless. Close to public transportation, Civic Center Farmers Market, @Twitter, the @Tenderloin and several aggressive seagulls. 33 SQ. FT. Utilities not included, nor available.
COZY “STUDIO” – $4100
Cozy “studio” with skylights right in the heart of the rapidly redeveloping Mid-Market area. Daily housekeeping included! Right on several major Muni lines, and close to BART. Perfect for the daily commuter. Utilities not included. .83 SQ. FT.
STUDIO LOFT – $3000
Government housing. Section 8 OK! Studio loft with vaulted ceiling! Located in Financial District, near Market street. Close to shops, food and public transportation. 2.17 SQ. FT. Utilities not included.
OPEN! New Listing in Overland School District!
2646 WESTWOOD BOULEVARD
3 BEDROOM + 1 BATH + GUEST HOUSE
FRIDAY May 16th: 11-2
SUNDAY May 18th: 2-5
TUESDAY May 20th: 11-2
Just blocks to the Westside Pavilion, Trader Joe’s, and the Palms Recreational Center & Library, this ideally located home in the Overland School district has great curb appeal and elegant features like hardwood floors and recessed lighting. The expansive and peaceful backyard includes a raised-bed vegetable garden and mature landscaping of bougainvillea, fruit trees and flowers. There are three bright bedrooms, an updated kitchen with breakfast bar, and French doors leading out to the large pergola-covered patio. Plus alley access for off-street parking and a spacious garage conversion apartment with updated kitchen and separate bedroom give this property endless possibilities.
For more information visit 2646WestwoodBoulevard.com