Tag : santa-monica
The Wisteria is out ... And so are the Buyers
A fun harbinger of spring – the wisteria is out. It makes a pretty frame around the door in the backyard of this delightful Cape Cod on Euclid.
Everyone one is talking about pent up Buyer demand and the recent increase in multiple offers is a sign there might be something to all of the chatter. This Cape Cod with or without wisteria is a charmer – great floorplan, pretty details, family friendly, wonderful Santa Monica location and a sick amount of attic space – and with an enticing $2.3 list price it inspired more than one Buyer to put pen to paper. The day we saw it there were already three offers in hand.
We’ve represented Buyers in multiple offer situations on an almost weekly basis lately. In general, the accepted offer isn’t well beyond the list price (baring a major multiple inducing price splash like the fifty percent reduction on the modern on San Marco) but the competition gets fierce as the Buyers in the mix face the reality of having to go back to sitting on the sidelines waiting for the next good property. The crazy low interest rates also get some credit from getting some of the bidders off of the bench. Lesson learned – if the price is right, it won’t be around for long.
Click here to email Heather & Learka to receive more information about this and other properties on the market in the Los Angeles area.
Seller represented by: Prudential California Realty
Weekend of 'Fests: Wine, Craft and Pride
This weekend there are festivals all over town, from the winefest on the east side to the craft show on the west and pride festival and parade in between.
Head down to Raleigh Studios in Hollywood this weekend and get your wine tasting on at the 6th annual LA Winefest.
Take a tequila seminar with the “Agave King”, sample boutique sakes or learn the fine points of wine and cheese pairing at one of the weekend’s seminars. Or just peruse the festival’s more than 550 wines, beers, spirits and exhibitors. Proceeds benefit the Make-A-Wish-Foundation of Greater Los Angeles.
- Saturday, 12-2pm: Trade Only
- Saturday, 2-6pm: General Public
- Saturday, 6:30-8:30pm: VIP Event and Auction
- Sunday, 12-6pm: General Public
Contemporary Crafts Market
This jury-selected showcase of more than 250 artists is going on all weekend in Santa Monica. Come over to the west side for a look at crafts in various media, from free-form sculpted hats to hand painted silk clothing. Check out the craft market website for more information and the full artist list, and download a free pass here.
- June 10, 11, 12: 10am-6pm
- Santa Monica Civic Auditorium1855 Main Street
- Saturday: noon-midnight
- Sunday: 11am-11pm
- West Hollywood Park (San Vicente Blvd: Santa Monica to Melrose)
- Sunday: 11am-4pm
- Begins at Crescent Heights and Santa Monica Boulevard, then travels west along Santa Monica to the Pride Festival entrance on San Vicente. Santa Monica Boulevard will be closed between Fairfax and Doheny 6am-4pm.
For more information, festival passes and the full schedule, check out the LA Pride website.
Weekend Planner: Sunset Junction Alternatives
Here’s what they suggested:
- Sunset Junction Refugees at El Cid
- Sat-Sun. El Cid, 4212 Sunset Blvd., Silver Lake (323-668-0318).
- A Hot August Night to End Homelessness
- Friday, August 26, 2011 5:30 pm to 8:30 p.m.
- Chinatown Summer Nights
- Two Nights Only. August 27. Sept. 10, 2011. 5 pm to midnight.
- OC Foodie Fest
- Sat 12p. Angel Stadium, 2000 E. Gene Autry Wy., Anaheim.
Here are some other ideas from us:
- Dance Downtown:Zydeco
- August 26th, 2011. 6:30 PM – 10:00 PM
- Get Down on the Sand
- Saturday, August 27, from 10 am – 2 pm
- Jazz on the Lawn 2011
- Sunday, August 28. 5:00 – 7:00pm. Santa Monica City Hall – 1685 Main Street
- Outdoor Cinema Food Fest
- Saturday, August 27. 1122 Cole Ave, Hollywood 90038. Starts at 5:30pm.
- Sunset Junction Refugees at El Cid
Deal of the Week!
This week’s best deal is on one of the most coveted streets of Santa Monica…Georgina… It’s rare to find a house north of Montana for under 2 million dollars let alone well under 2M. This sweet 3 bedroom is selling for $1.75mil.
Let us know if you’re interested in this or have your own to sell.
Photo from the MLS. Listed by Richard Ehrlich – Westside Estate Agency.
Ice Skating in LA!
While we may not get real snow in southern California, we can still enjoy ice skating during the holidays. Here’s a couple of places to visit when you’re in the holiday mood!
Downtown on Ice, Pershing Square
532 S. Olive., Downtown Los Angeles
Admission $6, Rental skates $2
Culver City Ice Area
4545 Sepulveda Blvd., Culver City
Kids under 12 get in for $7, adults get in for $8
ICE at Santa Monica
1324 Fifth St., Santa Monica
Admission is $10 and includes skate rental
Chill Ice Rink, W Hotel in Westwood
930 Hilgard Avenue., Los Angeles, CA 90024
$10 per guest for 1 hour of skating, includes rental skates